lies on the west coast of Greenland, about 50 kilometers from the Arctic Circle and halfway between Nuuk and Disko Bay. The last traces of settlement date back to 2,500 BC. Back to and from some of the Saqqaq culture. The individual rights of this region were part of the Dorset culture. European whalers came to the region in the 15th century and traded with the resident Inuit.
Knowing that Hans Egede owned his mission station on Håbets Ø in 1721, another settlement belonged to it in 1724. This was the place of Nipisat, 15 km from the annual Sisimiut. The trading post was rebuilt in 1729, but left again in 1731, whereupon the whalers let it burn down again.